19 January 2009

jumping on the bandwagon...so to speak



So, those of you who know me know that I'm a proud republican. I voted for McCain and I'm quite proud of that. That being said above all I'm an American. In being an American it is my duty to stand behind my president and stand up for what my country believes in. I will say I've never been against Obama, but I was not his biggest fan. Anyway, with the inauguration of our president tomorrow I figured now was better than any to stand up and declare how proud I am of our country. I am proud that even if the beliefs were not totally shared, I do appreciate Americans FINALLY fighting for what they believe in. I truly believe that it all starts with us. I believe in our system, I just know that if you expect people to do it for you and quit taking social responsibility this is what you get. A terriable economy and a scape goat ahem... G. Dubbya! So as I was saying, I'm proud I'm proud to be an American and always have, but today as we prepare for this historic moment I am even more proud than before. Not because of our overcoming racial discrimination (even though this still happens and Obama is hopefully just the first in many to help this along) but because for the first time in a long time American's young and old, black and white, republican and democrat... are standing up for the change they wanted. They are deciding they have to change in order for Washington to change. It starts at home, so while everyone of you should be tuning in tomorrow... remember to stop and look around and take it all in. We are a part of history, and more than that we are Americans! Americans who are finally feeling hope again... from within!



God Bless America!





I made this little Obamicon... I found the link of my friend Lauren's blog and thought it would be mighty fun to make one of my own and like she did I put my favorite catch phrase!

3 comments:

  1. Lol. I love you. This is a very historical moment and I'm so proud to be part of it. It's so beautiful to me that so many Americans are coming together for this...Democrats and Republicans alike. It's very inspiring!!!

    And I like the picture!!! Can you send me the link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its cool that even though your choice for president didn't happen you are still going to do your part to help the country move forward. It sure sounds like you aren't going to be one of those bitter republicans who just whines that McCain isn't president. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Never! Because that isn't what America is about. Or at least that isn't what it is supposed to be about

    ReplyDelete